Tuesday 25 February 2014

Artist album influences for digipak

Kasabian 

Further research into Britpop examples has helped me come up with my digipak design. The characteristics these album covers share is the simplicity of the design. The Kasabian CD shares similarities with my current digipak by only using two colours. 






Blur 



The blur album influenced my first design ideas, which was to use photos of them playing live and make them cut out (abstract) in the four corners design similar to this cover. However, I scrapped it as I preferred my other idea. I still kept with the image of the band on the front, so then the audience can make the connection between their music and their faces. I combined features from each to end with my own design. 









Paramore


Away from Britpop to pop/alternative rock. The handwriting effect of the Riot! album cover is very similar to my font choices. They both mimic handwriting and the idea of a journal/diary type design for the CD. 











Previous Print Material Development: 
Font examples of Britpop (Slide 5) and text colour trials (Slide 4): Click here
Back to Blog index




No comments:

Post a Comment